Subject: Re: Crashing when saving AVI using Newteks saver
From: Angelito So <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 11:38:04 -0800

What OS are you running? I use Win95 and on my scenes I cannot use the Newtek 
AVI saver if I have any kind of Lens Flare on any type of lights because this 
will crash layout. The only workaround I can do is to save out the frames as a 
sequence of TGA files and compose them later. It takes up more room and time 
but at least it won't crash on you. This bug only seems to affect Windows 95 
lightwave users. I have written NewTek about this problem but I never got any 
kind from them. Does anyone know when the next patch will be released?

JE Beeston wrote:
> 
> I have tried using the Newtek Animation saver to save my animations,
> (HIIP-32 gives very blocky animations).
> 
> But at certain places in each scene file, Lightwave crashes giving
> exception 10H
> 
> I did this with the Earthfly scene, and it crashes at frame 146. I have
> tried using different compression types for the Newtek saver, and the same
> problem.
> 
> James

-- 
*****************************************************************************
E-Mail: [email-masked]				   http://www.panix.com/~lito

		      "Thats a feature, not a bug!"
 
*****************************************************************************